National lockdown: stay at home
National lockdown rules apply in England. Stay at home.
You must stay at home. This is the single most important action we can all take to protect the NHS and save lives.
You must not leave your home unless necessary.
Stay 2 metres apart from anyone not in your household or bubble.
- Summary: what you can and cannot do during the national lockdown
- Detailed guidance on the national lockdown
- Hands. Face. Space.
- When you can leave home
- Exercising and meeting other people
- Support and childcare bubbles
- Where and when you can meet in larger groups
- If you break the rules
- Protecting people more at risk from coronavirus
- Going to work
- Going to school, college and university
- Care home visits
- Weddings, civil partnerships, religious services and funerals
- Places of worship
- Sports and physical activity
- Moving home
- Financial support
- Businesses and venues
- Businesses and venues which can remain open