From 19 July
England has moved to Step 4 of the roadmap. Everyone should be cautious while managing the risks as cases of COVID-19 remain high. Find out what you should do to protect yourself and others.
Fully vaccinated people returning to England from most amber list countries will not need to quarantine.
From 16 August
If you’re fully vaccinated or under 18, you will not need to self-isolate following close contact with someone who has COVID-19. You’ll still need to take a PCR test and self-isolate if it’s positive.
Guidance and support
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. Find out how to manage the risks and protect yourself and others.
The roadmap out of lockdown in England
Testing and self-isolating
Find out about the different types of coronavirus (COVID-19) test and how to get tested.
- Get a COVID-19 test if you have symptoms
- Order rapid lateral flow tests if you do not have symptoms
- Surge testing for people without symptoms: how to get a test, and locations in England
- Find out about regular rapid lateral flow tests if you do not have symptoms on NHS.UK
- Report a test result from a lateral flow test kit
- Book a test if you have a verification code
- Self-isolating: check if you can get a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment
- Self-isolating: when someone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms or has had a positive test result
- NHS test and trace: what to do if you are contacted
Find out the rules for travelling abroad and returning to England.
- Check if a country is on the red, amber or green list
- Find out the rules if you're travelling to England and you live in another country
- Fill in your passenger locator form
Find out who can get the vaccine, how to book or manage your appointment, information on vaccine safety, and vaccines in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Self-employment and businesses
Get coronavirus (COVID-19) support for your business or if you’re self-employed, and find out how to keep your business and your employees safe.
- Working safely: guidance for workplaces
- Check if you can claim a Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant
- Financial support for businesses and self-employed people
Work and support
Get coronavirus (COVID-19) support if you’re working less or not working, need other support - and find out how to stay safe at work.
- Find coronavirus support if, for example, you need to get food, or want to take care of your mental health
- Claim tax relief for working from home
- Furlough: check if your employer can put you on temporary paid leave
- Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment
- Citizens Advice: advice if you’re worried about working
Schools, universities, education and childcare
- Order rapid lateral flow tests if you’re a parent or carer
- Parents and carers: what you need to know