Local MP launches Gas Safety Week| 17 - 23 September

Local MP, Maria Miller launched Gas Safety Week in Parliament to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances.
 
Gas Safety Week, which runs from 17-23 September, now in its eighth year, brings together organisations from across the UK working together to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances. This year’s theme is Family Matters, reminding of the importance of protecting your loved ones from unsafe gas work by having your appliances maintained by a legally Gas Safe registered engineer. If gas work is improperly carried out, this can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions, and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
 
Maria said, “The Parliamentary reception serves as a fantastic opportunity to listen from experts from the industry speak on gas safety and related concerns.
I was pleased to launch Gas Safety Week to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances which can cause fatal carbon monoxide poisoning. I urge everyone to ensure that their home has a CO detector and it is working properly.”
 
For further information visit https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/