Local MP Maria Miller has welcomed the expansion of the government’s Help to Grow: Digital scheme which will now reach 1.2 million eligible businesses.
The scheme is targeted at small businesses with between 1 and 249 employees and allows them to purchase software at a discount of up to £5,000. Adopting the latest technology is proven to help businesses make the most of their potential and this scheme will help small businesses to take advantage of technology in the same way as large, well-resourced organisations.
Maria said, ‘This scheme is extremely useful and will allow Basingstoke’s businesses to make purchases that they might not have otherwise been able to afford. I encourage all eligible businesses in Basingstoke to consider applying and take advantage of everything on offer.’
The Government estimates that an increase in productivity could add up to £100 billion to the British economy, which for individual businesses could make a huge impact.
Notes from www.gov.uk
- To qualify for the financial discount through Help to Grow: Digital, businesses can be from any business sector, but must meet all 4 of the following criteria:
- be a business based in the United Kingdom registered with Companies House or be a registered society on the Financial Conduct Authorities Mutuals Register
- have at least 1 employee who is not an owner, up to a maximum of 249 employees
- have been actively trading for over 12 months, and have an incorporation date of at least 365 days prior to application
- be purchasing the approved software for the first time
- Eligible businesses will receive one financial discount towards the purchase of one approved software product up to a maximum of £5,000 (not including VAT) in eCommerce, Customer Relationship Management and Digital Accounting software product categories.
- The financial discount covers 12 months’ worth of approved software product core costs, exclusive of VAT.
- The approved technology suppliers on the Help to Grow: Digital online website are:
- e-Commerce software:
- Big Commerce
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Capsule CRM
- Livepoint Software Solutions Ltd
- Gold-Vision CRM
- Deskpro Ltd
- Digital Accounting software
- Intuit Ltd
- e-Commerce software:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software allows businesses to store their customer contact and order data all in one secure, central location. CRM has the capability to simplify business processes and enable businesses to be more profitable and efficient. Businesses who use CRM systems to manage their sales and customers see on average an 18% boost to their productivity.
- Digital Accounting software makes essential business finance tasks like raising invoices, tracking spend, and sharing information easier to manage. Businesses who adopt Digital Accounting software see on average an 11.8% increase in employee sales over 3 years.
- eCommerce software helps businesses sell their products and services online, including by streamlining management of their inventory and online shopfront, taking payments and providing data and insights on customer needs and experience. Businesses who adopt eCommerce software see on average a 7.5% increase in employee sales over 3 years.
- The government intends to further expand the range of software on offer through Help to Grow: Digital.